Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anybody need any mail?

Ok, so I know its only mid January, but...I was participating in my normal walk at Target, I always stop at those little bins in the front of the store-they always have something cute right?  Then I saw them...pink and red mailboxes-yep-gotta get two for the kids.  I just knew I could perk them up and when we gave the kids their Valentines gift I would put it in there. I also thought it would be fun to every so often put a Hershey Kiss or something small  in and put up the flag stating they have mail----TOO CUTE!!! As you can see I am very excited about them, oh did I mention they were a whopping buck-yeppers one dollar! Crazy, again, LOVE Target!  I am not sure why I am so excited about Valentine's Day this year but I am.  The kids and I decorated a little tree with glass hearts in pink and red, white lights, and a red beaded garland, it looks mightly festive and fun.  I have a piece of Valentine's monkey pattern fabric as the skirt.  These mailboxes will just compliment it so well! I am working on a few other little things to complete the Valentine's display...then I must start thinking of the next one...I think Easter-ohh the ideas are coming right now! Enjoy the pictures...and get yourself a mailbox, you never know who might leave you a little gift!

Before, cute but plain
After one hour and a little magic:
The fronts (pardon the backgroud)  I used rub ons for their names, I hot glued on the ribbon, and the heart and Love pcs are from Making Memories.  I broke into my scrapbooking stash!




The sides w/out the flag (they are rub ons)

A view of the flags, had to add a lil bow!

T.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Where is the one for hubby? :)

    ReplyDelete