Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Embellishment (headband) for A

Fun, exciting, embellished headbands are all the rage!  And lets face it have A LOT of felt left over from the felt house project. I would love to be able to wear them, but lets face it I am not really a stylish lady...pretty ordinary.  And I like it!  However, I can live via Alyvia...so she has recieved her very first embellished headband!  Yeah! I think that I was way more excited that she was.  Maybe with time that will change, lets hope so since I had so much fun making this!

Supplies: 12" by 1/2" strips of felt for the big "roll" and then shorten for the smaller ones, hot glue, and a headband.  ~I used one that was not her favorite, I asked first, just incase~

Step 1:
Cute the felt into long small strips-enough for all the "rolls" you want to make.

Step 2: Bend over the edge and hot glue to hold to start the roll, and just roll, pull tight, roll, pull tight...you get the idea there. Once you come to the end add a dab of hot glue to hold the end secure.

Step 3: Pick the color you would like for the back of the head band and glue the rolls together and to the backing.

Step 4: Very tricky=cut out around the rolls to make one large "unit".

Step 5: Place a line of glue along the back of the felt piece and stick the head band on and hold it until its dry. 

Step 6:  Cut a small thin piece of felt to cover the headband piece.

Step 7: Place on your model and admire!
You can find a world of information about headbands on so many blogs, I have a few favorite ones, which I will find tomorrow and link them up!

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment