Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Does your blood run red--Cornell Red---Hockey???

I have lived near Cornell University my whole life. As I grew older and married the hubster I also began to love hockey.  And there is this strange, magnetic, over powering conection between Cornell and Hockey! The Mens and Womens Hockey teams are simply amazing.  This is the sport...they sell out every season. The Womens team is ranked number 2 in the Ivy League and the Mens team is ranked right up there as well.  They always make it to the Frozen Four.  Again...something about Lynah Rink...its small but always packed.

A couple weeks ago my co-worker Erin (see picture below...she is a San Fran fan-Go Giants) gave me the most amazing opportunity.  She asked me to take pictures at the annual Red and White game with the Ithaca Little Mites. A bit of history (and not the snooze fest you are thinking) the Red and White game is the traditional first game of the season when all the Cornell Mens Hockey team split and play each other. Like I said previously, hockey is very popular here in the area, the Ithaca Little Mites are boys and girls around the ages of 7 or 8.  They get the prestigious honor of being the 4 string that night! Can I just say they worked so hard and were so cute.

That night I took over 500 pictures (oops) and after editing and cutting I ended up with 231...not too bad. Below are a few I really liked.




Oh and how could I forget the icing on the cake, I got to stand in the middle of Lynah Rink to take a team photo. Most people can only dream to stand in the middle of the ice after a friece game!



Thanks EO-I owe you!!!!

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment